[syslog-ng] Statistics -- how do I turn them off?

Liam Kirsher liamk at numenet.com
Wed Nov 3 06:10:12 CET 2010

Sandor,

Thanks for you response.

The logs are generated on the same host.  (Originally there were
separate hosts logging to this host, but we consolidated them onto the
single server.)

Hmm.  Just noticed that there seem to be two processes running!
On further inspection one of them was reading the
/etc/syslog-ng/syslog-ng.conf file and the other must have been reading
the one in
/opt/syslog-ng/etc/syslog-ng.conf

I put
SYSLOGNG_OPTIONS="$SYSLOGNG_OPTIONS --cfgfile /etc/syslog-ng/syslog-ng.conf"

in /etc/default/syslog-ng and it seems to be working now.

Well, actually, every 20 minutes now getting messages saying*
Nov  2 21:21:01 domU-12-31-39-07-3D-F1 -- MARK --
*
And am able to turn it off with mark_freq(0).

Okay, everything's good.

Thanks.

Liam