[syslog-ng] 3.0.5 & Cisco TCP problems

Balazs Scheidler bazsi at balabit.hu
Sun Mar 28 07:50:48 CEST 2010

On Thu, 2010-03-25 at 18:59 -0600, Patrick H. wrote:
> Try adding the 'no-parse' flag to the source. Syslog-ng tries to parse
> out the headers of the message (like date/time, host, facility, etc),
> and if it cant figure out the format of the headers, it drops the
> message.

this is not true, it doesn't drop the message, it creates an 'Error
processing message: <msg>' message, in order to see that there was
indeed a message coming in.

But judging the strace, the format of the message does include Cisco
sequence number which is not supported by syslog-ng right now (but as
PZolee has stated, we're working on that)