[syslog-ng] facility 10 plus?

Alan McKinnon Alan.McKinnon at is.co.za
Mon Mar 22 22:46:57 CET 2010

On Monday 22 March 2010 18:55:59 Balazs Scheidler wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-03-22 at 08:50 -0500, fedora fedora wrote:
> > Hi, I have some odd devices using syslog facility 24, and there is no
> > way I can change it!
> >
> > In this case, is it possible letting syslog-ng use facility 24? right
> > now it gives me, 24 is not supported error and quits.
>
> It should be possible to reference facility 24 this way:
>
> filter f_fac24 { facility(24); };
>
> If you specify a facility by number, it is not possible to use a range,
> but otherwise it should work. Does it for you?

Baszi,

How high can one take these undefined facilities?

I've always found it incredibly annoying that the standard facilities are so
limited, that apart from local0-7 there's no way to extend them, and that the
latest standards didn't define any new ones.

--
Alan McKinnon
Systems Engineer^W Technician

+27 11 575 7585

Please note: This email and its content are subject to the disclaimer as displayed at the following link http://www.is.co.za/legal/E-mail+Confidentiality+Notice+and+Disclaimer.htm. Should you not have Web access, send a mail to disclaimers at is.co.za and a copy will be emailed to you.