[syslog-ng] Compiling with SQL Support

Gene Matusovsky gene at cv.net
Wed Mar 10 01:46:03 CET 2010

How do I compile SYSLOG-NG with SQL support? I run ./configure --enable-sql
option, but the configure script wasn't able to find my libdbi and libdbd
drivers.

It looks like the libdbi and libdbd authors do not supply .pc files.

I see that my libdbi libraries were successfully installed in /usr/local/lib
and libdbd libraries were successfully installed /usr/local/lib/dbd

How do I tell the configure script to use these libraries?

Should I create .pc files for libdbi and libdbd and put them in my
PKG_CONFIG path?

-Thanks for any suggestions,
Gene Matusovsky

The information transmitted in this email and any of its attachments is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain Cablevision proprietary information, which is privileged, confidential, or subject to copyright belonging to Cablevision. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received this in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete and destroy the communication and all of the attachments you have received and all copies thereof.