[syslog-ng] few questions about patterndb

Hendrik Pahl pahl at team-datentechnik.de
Thu Jun 24 08:34:12 CEST 2010

> That said, it does not soundlike you need to use it for what you're
> trying to do.

Okay, i already had the feeling patterndb was not the one really
giving me a solution. I simply need something to bring down the
relevant loglines, since 1.5M lines/month in a logfile/different
logfiles are simply much to much to monitor/read.

Grepping after "error" or "warning" or "failure" is just one approach,
but never will be the only one, since this might kick out things i
wanna definitely see.

currently i'm looking at logfiles and size down the amount of lines by
piping the cat output into sed, which kicks out the informational and
overhead lines. this ia an iterative apporach, since i refine the sed
expression time to time.

How are others managing this issue?

i.A. Hendrik Pahl
System Engineering

team! datentechnik GmbH & Co.KG
Werner von Siemens Straße 12a
49124 Georgsmarienhuette
Tel.: +49 (0)5401-8226-50
Fax : +49 (0)5401-8226-55

E-Mail: pahl at team-datentechnik.de
Internet: www.team-datentechnik.de
HRA 110397, Amtsgericht Osnabrück
Geschäftsführung: Reemt Lükenga

Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich
erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie
diese E-Mail. Vielen Dank.

Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser E-Mail ist nicht
gestattet.

This e-mail contains confidential and/or privileged information. If
you are not
the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify
the sender and delete this message.
Thank you.

Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this
e-mail is strictly forbidden.