[syslog-ng] Message uniqueness

Dragan Zubac zubacdragan at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 11:33:16 CEST 2010

Hello

It was my error,since I had a bug in regexp in a stored procedure in
PostgreSQL,so the procedure was not processing particular message from
syslog.
By the way,is it possible for syslog-ng to call stored procedure
directly,instead of logging into file and then another script picking up
that data and storing them into database ?
Basically,is it possible for a syslog-ng to do the following:

1. Got message,filter satisfied,it will call destination 'sql' for example.
2. destination 'sql' will connect to database,and do the following :

select * from syslog_procedure('$MSG');

instead of the classic way of insert:

insert into syslog_table (message) values ('$MSG');

Sincerely

Dragan Zubac