[syslog-ng] Syslog IO Error

syslogng at feystorm.net syslogng at feystorm.net
Fri Jul 30 18:35:33 CEST 2010

We need to know a lot more to be able to troubleshoot that. What is your
setup, what box is this occuring on, how many hosts connect to it, etc.

That message simply means that the remote end of a connection closed it.
Could be the connection was idle and it was terminated, or the syslog on
the other end shut down, or theres some firewall in between that killed
it, etc.