[syslog-ng] configuring different sources on the syslog-ng server

Patrick H. syslogng at feystorm.net
Mon Jul 19 07:47:47 CEST 2010

Firstly the "ip()" option of "tcp()" in a "source()" is not required, it
is optional. It specifies the IP address which syslog-ng will listen on.
If not provided, syslog-ng will listen on all interfaces.
Seconly, you do not need a separate source for every client. You can use
filter rules to match on the client's hostname if you need to.

You might want to go through the administrator's guide, it is an
extremely good documentation source with lots of examples.
http://www.balabit.com/dl/guides/syslog-ng-ose-v3.1-guide-admin-en.pdf