[syslog-ng] ts_format(iso); frac_digits(6); == 000000+00:00 always ?

Patrick H. syslogng at feystorm.net
Mon Jul 12 20:08:19 CEST 2010

I'm assuming youre not using any custom template to rewrite the message
before its outputted. In which case it will use the time provided by the
sending host. If the sending host doesnt provide a microsecond value in
the timestamp, microseconds will always be 0s. If you want higher
granularity, you either need to configure the sending host to do so, or
create a template with the R_ISODATE value (uses received time instead
of sent time).