[syslog-ng] Syslog-NG to parse HTTP query strings?

Steve Barnes steve at echo.id.au
Fri Jul 9 08:51:57 CEST 2010

Hello

Is Syslog-NG capable of parsing HTTP query string key=value pairs? I've
read through both the CSV and pattern DB parser documentation and it seems
they both presume a consistent ordering in the $MSG field. Neither seem
appropriate when if the order of query string pairs changes, such as:

http://somehost.com/somefile.cgi?keyA=valueA&keyB=valueB

or

http://somehost.com/somefile.cgi?keyB=valueB&keyA=valueA

Basically, I want to grab keyA's value irrespective of which order it
appears and use it as a value in an SQL insert statement. Is this possible
with Syslog-NG's native parsers or am I going to have to handle this in a
Perl script/program?

Cheers

Steve