[syslog-ng] The latest version of eventlog?

Balazs Scheidler bazsi at balabit.hu
Sun Jul 4 23:07:07 CEST 2010

On Sun, 2010-07-04 at 10:18 +0200, Sergei Zhirikov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering what is the latest version of the eventlog library?
> If I look here: http://www.balabit.com/downloads/files/eventlog/0.2/ then the latest seems to be 0.2.9.
> Although on my other computer I have 0.2.10 installed (built from source), but I can't remember where I got it from.
> Is there something missing on the download page?

Well, eventlog release mgmt is a mess. Who is doing that? eh. that's me.

Sorry.

In my internal tree, it is at 0.2.12, checking the logs, it seems that
my collegues have ported it to Windows, that's the reason for the
version bump. I've pushed the latest version to my public git repository
at

http://git.balabit.hu/

It seems the daily snapshot of eventlog is still working, which is
producing timestamped sources every day to:

http://www.balabit.com/downloads/files/syslog-ng/open-source-edition/3.0/src-snapshot/

I've found older "releases" of eventlog here:

http://www.balabit.com/downloads/files/eventlog/0.2/

But that only goes to 0.2.9

So as it seems eventlog was not properly released these days. Again,
sorry for the confusion, please use the git archive or the daily
snapshots, I'll try to clean this up shortly.