[syslog-ng] Syslog-ng writing to files once per minute

Balazs Scheidler bazsi at balabit.hu
Thu Jul 1 22:25:49 CEST 2010

On Thu, 2010-07-01 at 10:35 -0700, Eric Cables wrote:
> I am seeing syslog-ng write to the file exactly once per minute, which
> includes the hundreds of queued messages.

this definitely means that syslog-ng is using a non-zero value for
flush_lines(). This used to be called "sync_freq" or "sync", but those
names were deprecated.

Please also note that these can be set on a per-destination basis, but
also globally, validate that if you have a global setting, you are
overriing at the specific destination.