[syslog-ng] Syslog-ng writing to files once per minute

Eric Cables ecables at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 09:04:36 CEST 2010

I'm hoping this is a really stupid question, but after implementing what I
thought to be the fix to this, I can't seem to get it working.  I have a
number of hosts logging to facility local5, and the destination log file is
only updated once per minute (HH:MM.30s to be precise).  I've implemented
flush_lines(0); and flush_interval(0);, to the global options, but it
doesn't seem to have an effect.

syslog-ng 3.0.3

My goal is to have logs written to the destination file with minimal latency
after syslog-ng receives the message.

-- Eric Cables