[syslog-ng] Problem with windows client

Zoltán Pallagi pzolee at balabit.hu
Wed Feb 17 10:06:13 CET 2010

Hi Rene,

It seems that your server doesn't exist or drops the agent connection.
Please check the following changes in your agent configuration and fix
them if they are not correct:
-server address
-server port
-SSL usage (perhaps, your server wants to use ssl but your agent doesn't)

If everything is correct, start the syslog-ng in debug mode (syslog-ng
-Fevd) and I think you will see the reason for this behaviour.

If you can't solve this problem, send me your agent and server
configuration, please.
(for more information about debbuging syslog-ng/agent, see my blog:
http://pzolee.blogs.balabit.com/)

Heinze írta:
> Good morning,
>
> I´m using syslog-ng on a sles 10 server acting as a syslog-ng server
> and a sles 10 server acting as a syslog-ng client. The clients logs
> successfully everything to the server.
> I added a Windows XP Professional SP2 client and installed the
> syslog-ng client for windows. But unfortunately the windows syslog-ng
> client is not able to connect to the server. The only thing i
> configured is the ip of the syslog-ng server.
> I attached the debug log to this email. What am I doing wrong? The is
> no firewall causing the problem. On the syslog-ng server i see
> incoming packages from the windows host using tcpdump.
>

> Best regards,
>
> René Heinze
>

> Besuchen Sie die Bundesdruckerei auf der CeBIT 2010 vom 2.-6.3.2010, Halle 9, Stand D80
> Visit Bundesdruckerei at CeBIT, exhibition centre, hall 9 / stand D80
>
> weitere Informationen unter: http://www.bundesdruckerei.de/de/unternehmen/untern_cebit2010/index.html
> find more information here http://www.bundesdruckerei.de/en/company/comp_cebit2010/index.html

pzolee