[syslog-ng] Apache + syslog-ng w/o logger?

Lance Laursen lance at demonware.net
Fri Feb 5 02:28:03 CET 2010

Hello,

After changing the log_msg_size(65536); parameter in syslog-ng.conf's
options {}; section, I've used logger to send a single message with a 64KB
payload. Have you tried using logger yet to see if it does what you need?
I've just tested this on ubuntu 8.04, the logger binary being part of the
default installed bsdutils package 1:2.14.2-1ubuntu4. Keep in mind regular
syslogd has a 1024KB limit and all messages passed through it first will get
chopped.

You can also do what Jim suggests and use a "file" sourcetype on your
access_log and go from there.

-Lance