[syslog-ng] load failures in afsocket and afsql

Matthew Hall mhall at mhcomputing.net
Thu Dec 16 22:34:18 CET 2010

Getting closer.

The problem goes away when the XML pattern DB is disabled. The problem
does not appear if the XML pattern db is used in one log {} per below.
Once it is used in two log {} blocks, KABOOM! I'm going to try debugging
the other half of this which writes to the persistent store to see if I
can sort out what's breaking the write. For what it's worth, the problem
shows up in both 32 and 64 bit.

Matthew.

parser p_mon { db-parser(file("/home/y/conf/syslog-ng/xml/mon-db.xml")); };

# parsed
log {
    source(s_udp);
    source(s_tcp);
    filter(f_mon_useless);
    parser(p_mon);
    filter(f_class_security);
    rewrite(r_set_format_parsed);
    rewrite(r_set_type);
    destination(d_normal);

    rewrite(r_set_format_welf);
    rewrite(r_add_welf_raw);
    destination(d_welf_loghive_sp2);
    destination(d_welf);
};

# unparsed
log {
    source(s_udp);
    source(s_tcp);
    filter(f_mon_useless);
# XXX: problem disappears when this one is commented out
#    parser(p_mon);
    filter(f_class_unknown);
    rewrite(r_set_format_unparsed);
    rewrite(r_set_type);