[syslog-ng] load failures in afsocket and afsql

Martin Holste mcholste at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 06:17:40 CET 2010

Hm, I know I ran into something similar to this a long time ago, but
I'm having a hard time remembering exactly how I fixed it.  I do
believe that it had something to do with needing to install some dev
RPM's, but I don't want to go on record as saying that will definitely
fix this.  Obviously, though, it might be good to triple-check that
you've got -devel on everything.

Also, since your libs are in a non-standard place, it could also be a
bug in that values that work during the configure step are not getting
passed as macros everywhere they need to be in the make step.  You may
want to try editing your ld.so.conf to include your custom lib
location if you haven't already and running ldconfig -v to make sure
it's being linked.

Finally, if you're building the dependency libs from source as well,
making sure that there aren't any other "make" steps that need to be
done is another one to check off.  I believe some libs need "make
shared" (libpcap, for one).

I don't know if any of these will fix the problem, but they can't hurt
to verify.