[syslog-ng] syslog-ng stuck on one CPU but need to share it with multiple CPUs.

Scott Rochford scott.rochford at amadeus.com
Wed Dec 8 00:24:46 CET 2010

Hi Mukarram,

If you posted an example of some of these 5000 lines to this list I think
there's a good chance that some of the clever people here would be able to
replace them with a much smaller equivalent (i.e. one that dynamically
caters for the different source host names, etc.).  Then it would not only
be much shorter and more efficient, but you probably wouldn't ever have to
change it again.

Regards,

Scott

Also, I hope syslog-ng 3.3 will fix the issue with my syslog-ng.conf
having greater than 5000 lines.  Syslog-ng 3.0.8 chokes on this (error:
memory exhausted in /opt/syslog-ng/etc/syslog-ng.conf at line 5347).  I
had to revert back to syslog-ng-2.1.4 which works fine.
...or do I have to still do this which you suggested...