[syslog-ng] Syslog-ng and Mysql Not working

Patrick H. syslogng at feystorm.net
Mon Dec 6 18:32:10 CET 2010

Verify you can run that select query (SELECT * FROM <TABLE> WHERE 0=1)
from the user syslog-ng is using. If that query fails for any reason it
will try to create the table (empty results are expected, just as long
as there is no error). (afsql.c:383 & :409 of the 3.1.0 source).

You might also try increasing the verbosity of mysql's logging so that
it dumps out every single query that gets executed. Maybe see if there's
anything fishy looking in it.

-Patrick