[syslog-ng] Syslog-ng and Mysql Not working

Girish-Agarwal (Contractor) Girish.Agarwal at OfficeDepot.com
Mon Dec 6 18:06:59 CET 2010

It still has the same problem Patrick. Again I have verified that the
mysql user ( syslog ) from the host has the Select, insert permissions
on the database but it still tries to create the table. This is the
version of syslog-ng I am using syslog-ng-3.1.3-1.suse10.

--Girish

________________________________

From: syslog-ng-bounces at lists.balabit.hu
[mailto:syslog-ng-bounces at lists.balabit.hu] On Behalf Of Patrick H.
Sent: Friday, December 03, 2010 2:46 PM
To: Syslog-ng users' and developers' mailing list
Subject: Re: [syslog-ng] Syslog-ng and Mysql Not working

That would be the problem then, it does a select to see if the table
exists. `select * from <TABLE> where 0=1`

-Patrick

Sent: Fri Dec 03 2010 12:16:41 GMT-0700 (Mountain Standard Time)
From: Girish-Agarwal (Contractor) <Girish.Agarwal at OfficeDepot.com>
<mailto:Girish.Agarwal at OfficeDepot.com>
To: Syslog-ng users' and developers' mailing list
<syslog-ng at lists.balabit.hu> <mailto:syslog-ng at lists.balabit.hu>

Thanks Patrick. Is there any Pointer you can provide as to why it would
think it needs to create the table. I have used the credentials supplied
to syslog-ng and used mysql client to execute the login and it works
fine. The only thing is that the mysql user(syslog) only has INSERT
right to the table to which it is supposed to write logs. It does not
even have SELECT right to the table.

Regards,

Girish