[syslog-ng] Trying to write syslog to /opt

Peter Czanik czanik at balabit.hu
Tue Aug 17 22:30:50 CEST 2010

Hello,

On 08/17/2010 10:13 PM, Johnny Lapenna wrote:
> The log is written to /var/log/sol.log, is there a reason why the
> destination path could only be /var/log/?

Most likely some kind of MAC is in effect, on RedHat & Co. it is
SELinux, on SuSE & Ubuntu it is Apparmor. Try to disable these, either
just for syslog-ng, or globally (which is usually easier), and see if it
helps. I can help you with Apparmor (or fetch info for SELinux).
Bye,

--
Peter Czanik (CzP) <czanik at balabit.hu>
BalaBit IT Security / syslog-ng upstream