[syslog-ng] About Syslog-ng error

Yu Watanabe yu.watanabe at jp.fujitsu.com
Mon Aug 16 13:51:41 CEST 2010

Hello all.

I have a question regarding to syslog-ng ver. 2.0.5.

I have experienced following error message in the /var/log/message file.

Aug  3 04:13:06 host syslog-ng[3772]: Connection broken; time_reopen='5'
Aug  3 04:16:45 host syslog-ng[3772]: EOF occurred while idle; fd='39'

I found a related article in internet :

https://lists.balabit.hu/pipermail/syslog-ng/2007-August/010571.html

Following are items that may be relevant to this error:

1. Daily cron rotation using HUP signal every 4:00 am
2. Syslog-ng writes to a physical file to a certain directory
3. Syslog-ng recives log from remote hosts through UDP port

Could some one give us an advice of how to cope with this situation?

Best Regards,
Yu Watanabe