[syslog-ng] 2 syslogng processes for the price of 1

syslogng at feystorm.net syslogng at feystorm.net
Wed Aug 4 00:54:16 CEST 2010

What os are you running, and what command are you using to generate that
output (ps with what args)?
Syslog-ng 3+ will fork itself off and the child becomes the real worker
process while the parent is a monitor process so that if the child dies
it can restart it. At least thats what its supposed to do. I've never
had it work, but it doesnt crash so I dont care.