[syslog-ng] Syslog-ng Agent for Windows 3.1 " Customizing file messages"

John MacDonald johnmacd at uvic.ca
Tue Apr 27 23:23:33 CEST 2010

I am trying to follow the following procedure:

Procedure 3.18. Customizing file messages
1. Start the configuration interface of the syslog-ng Agent for Windows application.
2. Select syslog-ng Agent Settings, right-click on File Sources and select Properties.
3. Type the message format into the Message Template field. You can use date- and file-related macros (see
Section 3.6.2, "Macros available in the syslog-ng Agent" (p. 26) for a list of macros). The message customized
here is included in the server-specific templates using the MESSAGE macro.
By default, the following is sent about file messages: $FILE_NAME: $FILE_MESSAGE.
4. Select Apply, then OK. To activate the changes, restart the syslog-ng Agent service.

My issue is on File Sources>Properties there isn't a Message Template field. Can you
tell me if there is another procedure for this?

Thanks.

John