No subject

Tue Sep 8 20:42:31 CEST 2009

The copyright line is used to hold the packaged software's copyright
information. This makes it easy to determine which packages can be =
freely
redistributed, and which cannot.

The copyright line in the spec file has been replaced with the license =
line.=20

As the license tag of the rpm is determined by the (internal) specfile, =
the
published rpm and the COPYRIGHT file indicate different licenses. As the
question sent to Joe Fagan indicates, this leads to confusion.=20

$ rpm -qip syslog-ng-client-3.1beta1-1.rhel5.i386.rpm
warning: syslog-ng-client-3.1beta1-1.rhel5.i386.rpm: Header V4 DSA =
signature:
NOKEY, key ID 2aa28252
Name        : syslog-ng-client             Relocations: (not =
relocatable)
Version     : 3.1beta1                          Vendor: BalaBit IT Ltd.
Release     : 1.rhel5                       Build Date: Wed 02 Dec 2009
12:11:20 PM CET
Install Date: (not installed)               Build Host: hapci.balabit
Group       : System Environment/Daemons    Source RPM:
syslog-ng-client-3.1beta1-1.rhel5.src.rpm
Size        : 6718300                          License: BalaBit =
Proprietary
License
Signature   : DSA/SHA1, Wed 02 Dec 2009 12:11:22 PM CET, Key ID
3bdaf86d2aa28252
Packager    : Tamas Pal <folti at balabit.hu>
URL         : http://www.balabit.com
Summary     : Next generation system logging daemon

To avoid any confusion, it is better to change the spec file. It =
requires
little effort :).

Kind regards,

Siem Korteweg