[syslog-ng] the match() filter without the use of the value() option is deprecated

Jeremy M. Guthrie jeremy.guthrie at cdw.com
Fri Sep 18 17:59:27 CEST 2009

Can anyone shed light on what the the the below error message means?  I cannot
find anything on what value() is and why my syntax is wrong.  I am migrating a
older configuration to 3.0.4.

WARNING: the match() filter without the use of the value() option is
deprecated and hinders performance, please update your configuration;

Jeremy M. Guthrie           jeremy.guthrie at cdw.com
Managed Cisco Security Services
Hosting and Managed Services
Technical Architect            Phone: 608-298-1061
CDW                              Fax: 608-288-3007
5520 Research Park Drive         NOC: 608-298-1102
Madison, WI 53711       NOC Email: hmshelp at cdw.com