[syslog-ng] Introduction to the syslog-ng developer team

Balazs Scheidler bazsi at balabit.hu
Mon Oct 19 17:38:22 CEST 2009

Dear syslog-ng users,

Due to an internal reorganization in BalaBit, some additional developer
time is being allocated to syslog-ng development. Until now I was the
only visible figure on this mailing list, even though some other people
were sometimes working on syslog-ng.

I would like to change this, therefore please allow me to introduce the
development team assigned to syslog-ng inside BalaBit (in abc order):

  András Tevesz (ghost at balabit.hu)
  András Miczki (micek at balabit.hu)
  Viktor Juhász (jviktor at balabit.hu)
  Zoltán Pallagi (pzolee at balabit.hu)

Some of them has a long syslog-ng related history, but one of them is
completely new to the project. I'm urging them to take part in the
syslog-ng community, engage conversations on this mailing list or run a
blog.

However it is important to point out that some of you on this mailing
list may have more syslog-ng related experience than what they currently
do: they are primarily software engineers, not system administrators.

So whenever they take part in a conversation, please bear this in mind,
the opinions they have is not an official BalaBit opinion, they are just
fellows whose job happens to include work on an Open Source project.