[syslog-ng] Strange behaviour of syslog-ng. Date macros not working and missing character in file name.

Balazs Scheidler bazsi at balabit.hu
Sat Oct 10 14:46:48 CEST 2009

On Mon, 2009-10-05 at 10:04 +0200, Nilshar wrote:
> Thank you Bazsi !
>
> could you point me to the reported bug, or any more informations about
> it ? I don't see it in changelog file, and can't find it in the bug
> tracking system.

well, it was fixed by one of the bigger PE <-> OSE patch
synchronizations I performed here:

commit 0a287bd61240503a970e6431d4ebfb65d42b469d
Author: Balazs Scheidler <bazsi at balabit.hu>
Date:   Wed Oct 1 15:06:34 2008 +0200

    backport most of the 3.0 PE features into OSE

This was fixed in syslog-ng PE 2.1.11 and then ported to OSE with the
patch above.

As it seems it was part of the syslog-ng 3.0.1 release (the first one in
the 3.0 branch) which didn't have a complete changelog, only the most
important changes were listed compared to 2.1.