[syslog-ng] syslog-ng open source edition for intel based x86_64 machine

Paul Robert Marino prmarino1 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 17:12:18 CEST 2009

you need an rpm spec file for your didtro or a src.rpm
and depending on your distro and the version of RPM you use the rpmbuild
command or the rpm command to compile it.
what distro are you for an rpm looking for

also as i said amd64 rpms will work on intel x86_64 chips because they
use identical instruction sets. the only difference is the intel chips
have newer addons to sse and the amd chips have an extended 3dnow set
however these are almost never enabled in rpms because there would be
compatiblity issues between different revisions of the same chip if they
were.