[syslog-ng] What is the last syslog-ng version that compiles under glibc-2.3.5 ?

Mr. James W. Laferriere babydr at baby-dragons.com
Fri Nov 27 20:33:35 CET 2009

 	Hello All ,  Having just ran thru all of the changelogs I could find
there is no mention of the change to requiring glib-2.10(or greater) except when
running './configure' ie:
"
checking for GLIB - version >= 2.10.1... no
*** Could not run GLIB test program, checking why...
*** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log for the
*** exact error that occured. This usually means GLIB is incorrectly installed.
configure: error: Cannot find GLIB version >= 2.10.1: is pkg-config in path?
"

 	My system is quite old (ie: slackware 10.2 Circa 2005 ,  tho faithfully
kept upto date for bug releases & such .  There is no a graceful way to update
to a newer glib .

 	I was unable to find a reasonably 'Searchable' archive of the maillist
or I'd have done that too .  I have found that the requirement for glib-2.10
must go back as far as 2.0.3 as my local archive has mentions of glib-2.10
difficulties with that version of syslog-ng .  so I guess it's back to 2.0.2 ,
Tho I am still not sure if even that will build .

 	Thus my question ,  What is the last syslog-ng version that compiles
under glibc-2.3.5 ?  And will it be secure to run ?

 		Tia ,  JimL