[syslog-ng] Prefiltering

Fegan, Joe Joe.Fegan at hp.com
Tue Nov 10 19:31:09 CET 2009

Hi Karlis,

In your earlier email, you said "there are some messages, which I would like never to appear in any log file" and I believe this is the problem you're still trying to solve, yes?

I think you're approaching it backwards. Create a filter that *does* match the bad messages, a destination of /dev/null, and a log statement that sends all messages that match that filter to that destination. Make this log statement the very first one in the file and specify flags(final) on it. That option means that any message that follows this path will not evaluate (or follow) any subsequent paths.

Joe.