[syslog-ng] Compile error on Ubuntu 8.04

Nate Hausrath hausrath at gmail.com
Mon May 11 17:27:21 CEST 2009

So it turns out that I did have flex installed, but it still gave me
the same error.  So I removed the git directory and started a new one.
 When I ran autogen.sh, I noticed this time that it said:

tests/functional/Makefile.am:5: blank line following trailing backslash

I opened that file and removed the backslash at the end of line 5 and
ran it again.  It didn't give me any errors, so I proceeded with
./configure and make.  Everything worked this time!

I'm not sure if that Makefile had anything to do with it or not.
However, I wanted to post this in case someone else ran across the
same problem.

- Nate