[syslog-ng] why i have to restart syslog to have the new apache log??

gatfi sami pfegatfi.sami at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 06:55:56 CET 2009

thank you
another thing please
i would like to ask you if it is possible to change the   TAG of sent
message
for example
give the  messages sent to a syslog server tag a value ( 0X11)
and then in the server filter on this tag
i am killing myself to tell my techer that the tag and priority flag are
assigned automaticly by syslog and he insistes on the fact that we can
change their value

thks