[syslog-ng] loosing Messages via Modem (GPRS/UMTS) connection

Jens-Peter C. Hillers hillers at vendingcontrol.de
Thu Mar 12 00:32:16 CET 2009

Hi,

I try to log to a remote Syslog Server via:

destination logserver { tcp("log.mydomain.xyz" port(514) flush_lines(1)
flush_timeout(10) keep-alive(yes) ); };

if I have a long period between the messages (e.g. 10 Minutes) the
messsage is still logged to the local machine
( I write a second log to a local file) but no message reaches the
server. all new messages are lost.

if I restart the syslog deamon ill get messages again (but only new ones)

I use Suse Linux 10.1 with syslog-ng (2.x)  (client)

I also compiled and tried 3.0.1 but git the same effect.

any idea ?

regards

Jens-Peter C. Hillers