[syslog-ng] setting facility/level of source log messages ?

Xavier Lapie bana at docisland.org
Mon Mar 2 15:11:19 CET 2009

Hi,

I often meet the case where I need to centralize some purely
applicative log messages (ie they don't even have a PRI header).
So syslog-ng sets a default facility and severity for these messages,
like kern facility and emergency severity for a source file with a
"no-parse" option.

Is there a clean way to change these default values by modifying
the configuration file ? (and not using a source program() nor a
tail | logger trick).

I've already written a quick and dirty patch for my needs, but it would
be great to have a native way of doing the same thing (I may have missed
something in the documentation).

Best Regards.

--
Xavier