[syslog-ng] Syslog-ng beginners guide

Cosmin Neagu cosmin.neagu at omnilogic.ro
Tue Jun 30 14:48:53 CEST 2009

Hello everybody,
Sorry for bothering you with a beginners question.
I have a cacti implementation in my network and a want to integrate it
with syslog-ng. I have mostly cisco routers, all configured to sent
syslog messages to two linux boxes (Ubuntu 9.04 and FedoraCore 10) where
i have installed syslog-ng.

I'm not able to find where the logs are kept, so this drives me crazy.
Do you know any site or resource where i can find some beginners guide
about using syslog-ng with cisco routers? I mean, a guide for someone
who never used syslog-ng before.
Thanks.

--
Cosmin Neagu