[syslog-ng] Handle multiple encoding from multiple sources

David Perret perret at netguardians.ch
Thu Jun 18 17:23:09 CEST 2009

Hello,

I'm trying to understand how syslog-ng handle charset encoding.

I've seen that :

- without the "encoding("charset")" keyword in the source it just writes
to the output what it gets from the input.
- with the "encoding("charset")" keyword in the source it converts what
it gets from the output from "charset" to UTF-8.

What is the best way to handle logs from different charset? Do I really
have to create a different source per charset used ? Is there any way to
say that I always want the input's charset to be converted to UTF-8
before writing my logs ?

Thanks

David