[syslog-ng] Syslog-ng 3.0.2 statistics

Aaron Robel megawott at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 18:26:24 CEST 2009

You make a good point. I initially thought the same thing and did some
checking on the bandwidth usage and we aren't saturating any of the links or
even getting close.  I also didn't see any errors or drops on the
interfaces.  The big question for me is how does this all play out in the
virtualized environment could I be running into a limitation there,
rhetorical question.  All of these hosts live physically on the same piece
of hardware and on the same vlan.   I'll keep poking around in that arena to
see if anything turns up. Maybe play with tcp to the archive host, I just
worry about performance implications.

Do you see anything else in my options config that looks amiss?

Thanks for the suggestion Joe.
Hardware stats:
relays:
2 3gig procs
4 gig mem
1 TB disk

archive
4 3 gig procs
6 gig mem
5.5 TB disk

Network bandwidth stats:
relay 01:  in-850KBps out-300KBps (I'm assuming the descrepancy here is due
to the fifo and flush settings.)
relay 02:  in-60KBps out-55KBps
relay 03:  in-nill out-nill

Archive: