[syslog-ng] I/O error occurred while writing; fd=\'6\', error=\'Connection refused (111)\'

Sandor Geller Sandor.Geller at morganstanley.com
Mon Jun 8 15:39:57 CEST 2009

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 3:25 PM, Clayton Dukes<cdukes at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hmm,
> I don't get it - is that what the 7w indicates? If so, there's no 6w...?

It shows that fd 7 is opened for writing, and it's a pipe. It tells
nothing about what fd 6 was. As we're still missing details about the
fd in question it would be good to know what's your issue at all...
Right now without information we could only guess. If you don't want
to show your config then run syslog-ng under strace to see what's
failing and where. The issue has to be with a destination where
syslog-ng can't connect. If my guess is right then the it's the
*first* destination in your config.

Regards,

Sandor