[syslog-ng] Help on trying to build syslog-ng 3.0.2 on RHEL AS 4

Balazs Scheidler bazsi at balabit.hu
Wed Jun 3 13:19:06 CEST 2009

On Mon, 2009-06-01 at 01:28 -0700, Joe Wood wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I'm having troubles getting syslog-ng to compile on RHEL AS 4, with
> all appropriate libs installed.
>
> The configure script errors out with:
>
> checking pkg-config is at least version 0.14... yes
> checking for GLIB - version >= 2.10.1... no
> *** Could not run GLIB test program, checking why...
> *** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log for the
> *** exact error that occured. This usually means GLIB is incorrectly installed.
> configure: error: Cannot find GLIB version >= 2.10.1: is pkg-config in path?

Your glib version is too old. You need at least 2.10 and your version is
probably older than that. You can confirm this by checking the
config.log file, or by querying your RPM database.

There's a binary package for RHEL4 on our webpage:

http://www.balabit.com/network-security/syslog-ng/opensource-logging-system/upgrades/