[syslog-ng] Beta-testers needed for documentation draft

Robert Fekete frobert at balabit.com
Wed Jun 3 11:28:11 CEST 2009

Dear syslog-ng users,

I am Robert Fekete, the writer of the syslog-ng Administrator Guide (and of the
documentation of other BalaBit products as well). First of all, thank you very
much for all of you who took the time to send me feedback and corrections about
the admin guide.

In the last few days, I have prepared an update for the admin guide that covers
the news of the recent syslog-ng 3.0.2 OSE release, and also includes
documentation for the pattern database feature. However, it seems that currently
Bazsi and the other developers and testers will not have time to review the docs
  for a few weeks. So if you have some time and would line to test the pattern
database, the draft is available at
http://people.balabit.hu/frobert/syslog-ng-v3.0-guide-admin-en-6ed-draft.pdf

If you find anything that is unclear, not accurate, or otherwise wrong
(especially in the config examples), please let me know either here on the list,
or via the documentation at balabit.com address.

Among others, the following sections need review:
Section 2.12, “Classifying log messages” (p. 15),
Section 3.9, “Classifying messages” (p. 61), and
Section 8.6.2, “Pattern databases” (p. 201).

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards,

Robert Fekete