[syslog-ng] Stripping the original hostname /ip from the syslog message

Robert Fekete frobert at balabit.com
Wed Jun 3 10:21:40 CEST 2009

Hi,
I am sure that there are other ways to do it, but if you are using syslog-ng
3.0, you can use a rewrite rule to change the HOST field of the messages.
See the second example at
http://www.balabit.com/dl/html/syslog-ng-v3.0-guide-admin-en.html/ch08s07.html
to create a rewrite rule, then use it in the logpath where your central server
forwards the messages.

Regards,

Robert Fekete