[syslog-ng] Errors in Installing Syslog-ng

Balazs Scheidler bazsi at balabit.hu
Thu Jul 30 09:01:29 CEST 2009

On Wed, 2009-07-29 at 15:52 +0530, Ashish Shrimali wrote:
> Hi Team,
>
> I'm new to Syslog-ng. I was trying to install Syslog-ng on one of our servers and got the errors as attached.
>
> Can you please help me out in this ?

your glib version that syslog-ng is linking against seems to be too old.
the configure script requires glib 2.10, how could you get over the
configuration phase?

it might happen that during configure syslog-ng found a new glib, but at
the end it linked against an older one.

please check your config.log and make sure that syslog-ng is properly
locating glib.

Alternatively you could also use the binaries that we supply for
syslog-ng, if you use Linux or FreeBSD.