[syslog-ng] Syslog-ng log viewer for Postgres

Paul Robert Marino prmarino1 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 18:30:09 CEST 2009

try perl syslog-ng
with only a few modifications it will work with postgresql

http://sourceforge.net/projects/perl-syslog-ng/

one warning it does require a slight code modification the dropdown menu
for the year is staticly coded and ends a few years ago
the line is number 78 in the FORMS.pm file
popup_menu(-name => "pStartYear", -value => getNumbers(2002..2004),
-default => $tToday{year}), "</td>",
popup_menu(-name => "pStartYear", -value => getNumbers(2002..2012),
-default => $tToday{year}), "</td>",

additionaly you will need to edit line 42 in the COMMON.pm file to use
the pgsql instead of mysql
unless ($dbh = DBI->connect("DBI:mysql:$tDatabase:$tHostname",
$tUsername, $tPassword)) {
unless ($dbh = DBI->connect("DBI:Pg:dbname=$tDatabase;host=$tHostname;",
$tUsername, $tPassword)) {