[syslog-ng] Before the basic 101 questions

lance raymond lance.raymond at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 17:33:05 CEST 2009

Not sure on that last post.  Each webserver's vhosts name the logs in the
following manner (ws = webserver);
ws1.sitename.com-access
ws1.sitename,com-error
ws1.othersite.com-access  ... and so on.

So I simply want to send every file (rather than logging local) to goto the
central.  When I look at the central, I will have only log folder with;
ws1.sitename.com-access
ws2.sitename.com-access  ... and so on

The post above noticed I was doing a folder (/var/log/apache2) where I don't
know if you can say for the source /var/log/apache2/*   or something.

I am also puzzled as this to me is a real basic thing.  Take ALL apache logs
and send to remote box.  No-one has come and said, here is my config and it
works fine.  Just something that I can look at an entire server and client
to see how it's done (which is why I posted mine).

Really thought this was an easy thing.  Even using webmin.  There is no
clear cut, a server is setup like this, remote client like that.  Fustrating
is not even the start of how to describe this, but thanks for all replies so
far.