[syslog-ng] build problem on FreeBSD 7.2

Andrew J. Caines A.J.Caines at halplant.com
Sat Jul 18 20:44:01 CEST 2009

Karl,

> I'm trying to build v3.0.3 from source (with sql support) on a fresh
>  install of FreBSD 7.2

If you aren't already doing so, I suggest making a copy of
sysutils/syslog-ng3 and adapting it to build with SQL support,
preferably as an OPTION.

Then when it's working, send a PR with the patch.

> and I have the following error when I lauch the make :
> "afsql.c:36:21: error: dbi/dbi.h: No such file or directory"

You'll probably need to depend on databases/libdbi

-Andrew J. Caines-   Unix Systems Engineer   A.J.Caines at halplant.com
FreeBSD/Linux/Solaris, Web/Mail/Proxy/...   http://halplant.com:2001/
  "Machines take me by surprise with great frequency" - Alan Turing