[syslog-ng] Before the basic 101 questions

lance raymond lance.raymond at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 05:25:05 CEST 2009

ok, I have tried 2ce (even using this list) and still have problems that
just get dropped by the wayside, so resorting to a more basic approach.  So
with that, I have 8 ubunutu servers all running apache and I wish/need to
have a place for all the logs to reside.    I tried syslog-ng with hand
updating the conf files, even tried using webmin to build, still can't get
it to start, etc.

So how about feedback on this.  If all the webservers share an nfs mount for
the web images, what if I change the log's to just point to those mounts and
write them there?

I don't know if syslog-ng streams them, waits till x size then copies them
over, but since I can't get it working, figured the users/group here might
say sure, we've seen a few posts by you, and yea, just do that, or have some
really basic ideas as to why, maybe a few sample config's as all the help
etc. I have yet to see a working config (both server and client) to try to
undserstand why there are problems.

Thanks to all
Lance SFU(syslog fustrated user)