[syslog-ng] Cannot find init.d.AIX in contrib folder

Chanchal Verma cverma2 at csc.com
Thu Jan 22 11:09:19 CET 2009

Hi,

I am building syslog-ng-2.1.3 on AIX 5.1. I compiled it successfully and
tool is working fine. I am in process to automate the start script. I
cannot find init.d.AIX script in <..>/syslog-ng-2.1.3/contrib folder. It
is available for other OS (solaris, SunOS,HP-UX,RedHat..).

The startup script which I have created is not 100% compliance with the
AIX OS. Like syslog-ng is running on server and it is still showing status
'inoperative' as Subsystem status.

I need startup script for AIX OS.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

With Regards,