[syslog-ng] Configure glitch in 3.0

Balazs Scheidler bazsi at balabit.hu
Wed Jan 14 13:14:32 CET 2009

On Wed, 2009-01-14 at 12:35 +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think there's sort of a bug in the configury:
>
>   if test "x$prefix" = "xNONE"; then
> 	  prefix=$ac_default_prefix
> 	  pidfiledir="/var/run"
>   else
> 	  pidfiledir="${prefix}/var/run"
>   fi
>
> This evaluation of the pidfiledir does not take the defaults of autoconf
> into account.  The pidfiledir should rather always default to
>
>   pidfiledir="${localstatedir}"
>
> instead of fiddeling with the prefix itself.  Does that make sense?

Well, it may make sense, I find autoconf very limited when it comes to
stuff like pid file directories. I simply find it odd, that I cannot
define application specific directories, and I don't find
--with-pidfile-dir option very pausible either. It should be possible to
define additional directories, but it is not.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion, I've pushed a patch makes this
change.