[syslog-ng] YACC Stack Overflow

Cauchi, Geoffrey, VF-MT Geoffrey.Cauchi at vodafone.com
Tue Jan 6 14:05:36 CET 2009

Hi

I am using syslog version 2.0.8 and all is running well.  I am using it
to log a number of Cisco devices.  Recently I tried to add an additional
number of devices that I would like to have their syslog sent to the
Syslog-NG server.
This is the syntax used in the config file:

destination CAT1 { file("/var/log/switches/CAT1/log.txt" dir_perm(0755)
perm(0755));};

filter f_filter73   { netmask(192.168.150.25);};

log { source(s_udp); filter(f_filter73); destination(CAT1); };

However, when I restart syslog-ng I get the following error:
Stopping syslog-ng: [OK]
Starting syslog-ng: yacc stack overflow at 314

YACC is complaining of a stack overflow.  Syslog-ng is running on Fedora
Core 8.  Did anyone encounter this problem before?  Any help would be
appreciated.
Thanks
Gef

Vodafone Life is Now

This email is intended only for the use of individuals to whom it is addressed, as it may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not a named addressee, intended recipient, or the person responsible for delivering the message to the named addressee, be advised that you have received this email in error and that you should not disseminate, distribute, print, copy this mail or otherwise divulge its contents. In such instances, please notify Vodafone Malta Limited on telephone number +356 99999247 and delete this email from your system. Since this transmission was affected via email, Vodafone Malta Limited cannot guarantee that it is secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. Vodafone Malta Limited does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message which arise as a result of email transmission.

Save the environment for our children - Print e-mail only when necessary.